March 08, 2017

Recent Memphis Urban Sketchers Outings

In February we went to the Barret Library at Rhodes - it's a really beautiful building, and it was a good day to be inside!

I sketched Martha Kelly and Carl Fox sketching, with a backdrop of stained glass windows.



In March we went to the Big River Crossing, which was amazing! I wanted to sketch everything and I can't wait to go back.


I sketched the skyline with a fat pen, because I find they make me less fussy.


That bridge, the "New Bridge," proves to be as elusive to capture a likeness of as another Memphis icon, Elvis.


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketches. I particularly like the one of the interior of the library.

Dailysketches said...

Great sketches! I really like the line work on the last one.
The library is also a winner!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...