September 12, 2015

Singapore Trip: Day 6 or 8

Really it was Day 8 – that’s what it says in my sketchbook. Like I said before, traveling to the other side of the world is confusing, time-wise.
Because we had to be at the airport so early, we basically just took a 2-hour nap. I made some sketches to help keep myself awake at the Singapore and Tokyo airports. I did enjoy the people sketching, though.



The trip was very very very long, and we did as much sleeping as we could, and we tried to avoid eating any of United’s “food,” and then we found ourselves in customs at Chicago O’Hare, where they don’t believe in signs, only in yelling. Anyway, we knew it would be rough and it was, but after 29.5 hours we were back at home, eating fried chicken, and sleeping in our own bed.

The whole 2+ weeks was an amazing adventure, and I’m so thankful that both Toby and I love traveling, and that it is the thing that we work for. I’m also thankful I was able to share some of this adventure with Heather and her family, and some with my sketcher friends from around the world. THE END.


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Sketching at the airport is always a good way to use your time. Nice!!!

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Thanks Joan!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...