May 04, 2013

Booooring. Plus Bison.

The other day I wanted to sketch in the few minutes I had, and was lamenting that what usually surrounds me in daylight hours (during the week, at least), is boring East Memphis architecture. Sorry, East Memphis, but: boooooooring. But then I realized that sketching isn't always about sketching something pretty or even interesting, but just sketching where you are. And that's where I was!

Later I went to one of East Memphis's best places, Shelby Farms Park, and took a couple of minutes to sketch the American Bison. I couldn't get very close, so this is all I got.

This is my new sketchbook made by local artist Colleen Couch-Smith, half of the art-making duo Rock Paper Scissors. I love it!


No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...