November 20, 2012

Regina Spektor at the Ryman Auditorium

We went to see Regina Spektor! In Nashville! At the Ryman!

Sorry for all the exclamation points, but I LOVE Regina Spektor. Her latest album, What We Saw from the Cheap Seats, was my summer album.   Like most of her other work, it is happy/sad. No, not bittersweet, happy/sad. It has one of the most joyous songs I've ever heard, and songs that make me cry every time I hear them. I cried through most of the concert, which was exactly what I wanted to do!

The Ryman is a lovely, lovely place. We saw Ms. Spektor there once before, also Flight of the Conchords and Elvis Costello! But not together, though that would be awesome.

I carried my Laloran sketchbook that I got at the Urban Sketchers Symposium, and sketched the tall guy who sat directly in front of me. I feel like this same guy sits in front of me at every concert, movie, lecture or whatever other kind of show I go to.

Oh well, it was a great show.

(click image for more detail)

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...